Maximo HSE: Top 5 Reasons for Any Industry
Originally built for Oil and Gas industry requirements, Maximo Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) has since spread out to encompass every industry sector. After all Health and Saftey are not an option in any situation or any industry.
Considering HSE for your business? Here are my top 5 reasons why every industry should consider the Maximo HSE Add On Solution.
The Maximo HSE Add On Solution provides for...
- The health and safety of the workforce. Maximo has been used for years as the maintenance engine, but not necessarily tied together with a comprehensive safety plan. Maximo HSE will not only help mitigate risks for maintenance activities, it will help protect the health and safety of those doing the work.
- Change management and process improvement. Organizational and process change is difficult at the best of times, and determining how to improve is even more so. It requires a solid understanding of the current situation, definition of the risk and impact of changes, procedures to implement the changes, and must be supplemented by a full communication plan. All of this can be facilitated using Maximo alongside the ongoing operational and maintenance activities.
- Permits and compliance. The management of permits is complex - one permit may impact another, which can change qualifications and the ability to perform work, and also permits can control asset performance. Permits cannot be implemented smoothly without HSE in Maximo - they can be linked as documents or modeled as work orders, but true permit management creates an entirely separate lifecycle and applies their effect to the maintenance strategy. They are a fundamental aspect of compliance which can support regulatory reviews and audits, which can be modeled directly within Maximo against the existing processes.
- Knowledge management. Reaching beyond the definition of incidents, problems and solutions, this part of Maximo HSE involves establishing lessons learned and developing solutions for them that feed directly back into the change management aspect mentioned above. This creates the closed-loop feedback of issues to an improved business process.
- Operator logs and non-conformance. Assets fail and the response to those failures needs to be managed. Without HSE, the failures would be reviewed and updates would be made to the maintenance procedures to take account of the issues but it would be difficult to establish a full historic analysis of the required changes and why they were made. With HSE, defects are managed as entirely separate items, and contribute to the asset's and process's performance over their lifecycle. Combined with learning from operator logs which define changing operating procedures and tasks, the full change and optimization history is captured.
Interloc Solutions offers Maximo consulting services in HSE, and Interloc’s mobile applications provide support for the use of any HSE functionality.
At MUWG in Atlanta? Come visit us at Booth 5 to learn more!
About Greg Hoile
Greg is the VP of Professional Services at Interloc Solutions. Greg is a seasoned Maximo veteran with many years in the Rail & Transportation Industries.