JFKIAT’s Mobile Informer Solution
These shortcomings were immediately addressed once the full implementation of IBM Maximo had been completed, with Maximo short-term and long-term goals put into effect. As the improvement process moved forward, the IBM Maximo short-term goal upgrade brought about the following improvements:
- Establishment of full JFK-IAT control
- Implementation of purchasing capabilities
- Maximized tools for the IAT
- Migration of all facilities-management processes to Maximo
- Assurance that management, contractors, and employees were mobile enabled
- Establishment of CFR139 airfield compliance
- Enhanced safety management tools
- Integration of every aspect of management, service, and maintenance on a single, integrated platform
This immediate action vastly improved health asset and performance levels; optimized assets for increased availability, utilization, and duration; improved maintenance scheduling; provided access to data sources in real time to minimize asset failure and unplanned downtime; and dramatically reduced costs. The IBM Maximo long-term upgrade accomplished the following:
- Implementation of Incident Management within Maximo
- Implementation of special tracking/codes/and reporting via MIF-based toolset
- Operation 100% within new Maximo CMMS tools to assure tracking and adoption
- Mobilization of everything — deployment of Maximo connectivity terminal wide, providing Maximo Mobile solutions to all IAT employees, management, contractors, and support.
All facilities processes were immediately migrated to Maximo, establishing clear mutual goals across departments, developing and tracking data and metrics, and providing and end-to-end process fully within the Maximo software system.
The Interloc Mobile Informer’s comprehensive platform for IBM Maximo Asset Management has also become an integral component of the JFK-IAT transformation, allowing users to harness the full power of the device to accomplish critical business goals and objectives. Mobile Informer’s unique design technology allows for seamless transitions between online and offline functionality, enabling users to focus on the completion of tasks with the latest and most complete information available to them. The mobile platform supports huge amounts of data without any compromise in performance or availability and can also be deployed among very large user populations — and as additional users are added, the system scales within the standard Maximo architecture. Other crucial features that Mobile Informer provides include:
- Installation of Mobile Informer directly within your existing Maximo infrastructure
- A robust administrative console, enabling administrators to resolve issues remotely via sophisticated trouble-shooting tools
- Encrypted communication to the server to ensure built-in security
- No requirement for a dedicated mobile server
- Native apps for optimized performance and access to all devise functions
Mobile Informer’s apps offer essential services that can streamline processes significantly — from increasing productivity to harnessing data to simplifying regulatory compliance issues — while greatly extending the scope of your IBM Maximo Asset Management Solution:
- Mobile Informer Work Management App: Informer IM is a simple, turn-key app powered by the Mobile Informer platform that’s designed to increase connectivity and productivity among maintenance teams.
- Mobile Informer Inventory Management App: The iIM enables your business organization to increase the efficiency and accuracy of inventory processing, mitigating down time, and increasing project completion rates.
- Mobile Informer Bin Counting: iBC is a simple, easy-to-use app designed specifically for bin counting — whether dealing with a room full of items or a warehouse with thousands of pieces of inventory — that offers an efficient way to acquire accurate and real-time inventory counts while lessening costs and cutting down on miscalculations.
- Mobile Informer Service Requester: iSR is an enterprise engagement feature that enables managers to take action on any service request, reducing asset breakdowns and malfunctions while saving costs.
Interloc’s Mobile Informer for IBM Maximo is a key enabler in the digital revolution taking place around the world. Mobile Informer’s apps provide an immense step forward in operational improvement and efficiency.
Interloc’s IBM Maximo offers critical insights for intelligent asset maintenance and operations, and this market-leading, fully integrated platform provides business leaders opportunities to more effectively manage high-value assets, optimize performance, reduce costs, and minimize risks. Interloc’s IBM Maximo Asset Management system has been a great success at JFK’s International Airport Terminal, greatly increasing productivity, extending asset lifecycles, scaling down costs, and providing a state-of-the-art mobile solution that has transformed JFK’s outdated complex into a modernized, smart airport.