Updated Septermber 19, 2016
Two years and still successful! Mobile Informer continues to be a "game changer" for GTC. With the mobile rollout continuing to garner 100% user acceptance, Interloc wanted to share some of the continued benefits GTC/OPC sees from having a stable, flexible, secure mobile platform for their Maximo implementation:
- 600 person hour savings as a result of the decrease in time required to update work orders in the field
- 65% increase in the number of defect condition repair work orders
- 400% increase in field reported work
- 100% user acceptance
Additionally, GTC finds the platform so easy to use that they:
- Incorporated more than 30 additional features to the Work Management application between 2014 – 2016
- Created and implemented a new iPad-based Asset Management mobile application that provides GTC with the ability to track and collect information on assets in more than 600 substations and seamlessly integrates the mobile application data with Maximo using the Mobile Informer product
- Upgraded Mobile Informer platform so that they can maintain iOS currency.
Like many mid-sized utility companies, Georgia Transmission Corporation (GTC) is tasked with finding efficiencies – doing more with less. After all, when you manage the grid for more than 4M Georgians, efficiency is a top priority. Each decision made is done with the intent to reduce outages and cost and increase productivity – no small task for a company that inspects and protects more than 3000 miles of power lines and substations. GTC uses IBM Maximo to manage and maintain their transmission lines and substations. When GTC decided to take their IBM Maximo system mobile, they evaluated a number of mobile solutions – looking for one that would be readily accepted by their field workers. They needed an application that was unobtrusive and provided true value. That’s when GTC turned to Interloc Solutions and the Interloc Mobile Informer.